Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Free Sample Translation" - An other e-mail for you. Enjoy!



Be Professional: "SAY no to "Free Sample Translation"
Seja Profissional: DIGA NÃO para um "Teste Grátis de Tradução"
Sea Profesional: DIGA NO para una "Muestra Gratis de Traducción"


Dear ...,
Hello again!
 
I have some important comments:
1 - I have no time for testing this week. I am working in 62k words.
I have not done any free test translations for at least 10 years.
Tests are annoying for professional translators. I hope you understand me. I offer 100% guarantee.
I have a special price for any “Translation Test”, so you can check my translation and I can check how is doing your Payment Form.
(See the attachments: Sample – EN SP PT – Ana Lucia Amaral.pdf and Policy by Ana Lucia Amaral.pdf)
2 – You say: we need to know every one’s availability and capacity starting from this Thursday (2nd August) ...
Please, send me your Project and I will can tell you my availability and my rates.
I manage my time on a per-project basis. So any time you can show me a project and ask me, "If I assigned you this job now, when would you deliver it?" to obtain an accurate date.
3 – Cat Tools and NDA: You already asked me and I replied: I work with TRADOS Studio 2009. And, I already sent your NDA.
I think your email is being sent to a very diverse group (beginner translators and professional translators).
4 – Rates: This is very interesting, because you ask me a translation test, but you do not know what is my rate and my payment rules.
The translation quality is provided by translators - not by agencies. The agencies should do everything possible to ensure that, when selecting translators, they are chosen for their quality (rather than for their price).
I can not imagine how many professionals are on this E-mail List to a Free Translation Test without even knowing the rates and method of payment.
5 – The end: You say: “We are very excited about this project and hope you are too!”
Every day I am excited by the projects I have, but really, on YOUR PROJECT, I still feel nothing, because I do not know what it is, and at the moment, I feel I just do part of a list of e-mails.
I appreciate if I am treated as a professional translator.
Please, read about My Code of Ethics and Professional Practice: http://alatraduz.blogspot.com/2012/07/code-of-ethics-and-professional-practice.html
In addition, I have a team of professionals (from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, México, and Cuba) to offer the "All-in-one" Service (Translation + Proof + Editing), TM management, and QM.
So, our English > Portuguese (BR) / English > Spanish / Spanish <> Portuguese (BR) Translation Service is dedicated to providing top-quality translation at the most affordable rates in the translation industry. To enable us to provide an accurate translation quote, please e-mail me the document you need translated along with the deadline. We will contact you with a firm offer within 12 hours after receiving the text.
 
Best regards,
 
Ana Lucia Amaral
Phone/Fax: + 1 727 596 1103
Mobile: + 1 727 244 5409PRO Certified Translator
Associate Member of ATA and ATIF
Quality is never an accident it is always the result of intelligent effort." (John Ruskin, 1819-1900)”
Pride in everything I do | Respect everyone like a friend
Think of the environment; please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.
The information in this message may be confidential and legally privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The content of the message and or attachments may not reflect the view and opinions of the originating company or any party it is representing. Thank you for your co-operation

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Gracias Ana por estas ideas. Tenemos que responder así mismo a estas agencias que están usando nuestro tiempo y nuestros testes para cazar clientes!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Professional service is only exceeded by professional customers.